Friday, May 22, 2015

Why Worship Shiva



“Even if you do bad things with good intention, it will work out good. If you do good things with bad intention, it will turn out bad.”


Why we worship Lord Shiva! Someone asked me. He takes Marijuana and has a short temper and very uncivilized being. Bad qualities, isn’t it.

Ah Bad! You mean Bad! No not really! I said.


(I, with my extremely limited knowledge and even limited skill to express myself, could not resist and ended up popping out some answer.)

Well First, we cannot judge any person as good or bad. These adjectives should be used very carefully. I recommend using in extremely rare case.
Second judging a person just by their acts is certainly not a wise idea.
Third, He is Lord Shiva, the “adi yogi”, the first yogi. He knows better his own system than any other person. Don’t just become devotees of Lord Shiva, know him and his contribution to the human well beings.

Another interpretation I see is, the person acts, as he feels right for him/her. Act what is right to you, but make sure you are not making any harm to others in the benefits for yourself. This requires acting consciously with full responsibility. Our action can become responsible only when we know the system from which it is coming out i.e. our body.

Shiva to me is not just a personal identity, it exhibits eagerness and rock solid will to go somewhere beyond. At the same time being extremely simple. But remember, simple things always has a risk of being undervalued easily.

Shiva is unique... Simple yet subtle


No comments:

Post a Comment